Mistakes are a part of your success journey. Did you know that you’re more likely to succeed when you make mistakes than when you don’t? You need to change your mindset and see failure as part of your success process by mastering your mental game either as an athlete or in any other profession you’re in.
In this episode of Girls Gone Healthy, I have Bryn, a mental skills coach who’s been helping high school, college, and professional athletes to master their mental game over the last several years. She’s a former divisional athlete in the tracking field and high school basketball player who has first-hand experience in knowing what being on and off your mental game can cost you.
Listen in to learn how you can use whatever mindset got you to where you are now to take you to the next level of your journey.
- How athletes become leaders by taking what they learn in the game and apply it to the real world.
- How to calm your emotions and master your mental game.
- Defining your character by learning why a mistake happened and working towards changing it instead of seeing yourself as a failure.
- The power of failing and learning from mistakes before succeeding.
- Understanding that whatever got you to this point is going to help you get to the next level.
- Turning what you love into a career and not necessarily doing what you don’t like to get what you want.
- [3:16] Bryn narrates her history as an athlete and how she helps athletes take what they learn on the field and apply it in real life.
- [8:02] Learning why failure and success are closely related.
- [18:06] How Bryn helps athletes realize that being athletes fully equips them to succeed in their daily lives.
- [23:52] Bryn describes how her life transitioned from a sprinter to who she is today.
- “We are not what we do, we are who we are.”– Bryn [12:13]
- “When emotions go up, intelligence goes down.”– Bryn [17:06]
- “Find something that you’re good at, and then paid to do that.”– Bryn [25:44]
Connect with Bryn:
Come join us on Facebook! https://bit.ly/2PZ2zTC
Don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode and please leave a 5 star review if you enjoyed the show!
Bryn Drescher is a mental skills coach who has been helping athletes on all levels, high school , college and professional master their mental game for the past several years. As a former D1 athlete in track & field and high school basketball player she has first hand experience with knowing what being on and off your mental game can cost you. She also helps current and former athletes continue applying these skills beyond their sport as it all applies. One of her favorite quotes if How you do Anything is How you Do Everything. We all are mental athletes and she just wants to help you GET YOUR REPS IN!!