What do you do when you’re in a fitness rut? When a workout routine you liked at first now seems hard to get yourself to do? How about lowering your expectations and instead show up every day in small ways to have the outcome you want? You have to be aware that some days are going to be harder than others on your fitness journey. But also, maybe it’s time to change up your routine.
In this episode of Girls Gone Healthy, I talk about my own fitness rut over the past few weeks, the lessons I have learned from it, and how to get out! Listen in to learn the benefits of keeping your body in motion in whichever ways you can when trying to get out of a fitness rut.
- Learn to show up and give yourself a good chance when you get into your fitness routine.
- The importance of having a ‘why’ to give you that extra push on the hard days.
- Find ways to keep your body in motion and get yourself out of a fitness rut.
- Start small and stop setting very high expectations when trying to get out of a fitness rut to avoid feeling like the routine is wrong for you.
- Commit yourself to show up both physically and mentally in your fitness journey to have the outcome you want.
- [0:24] What I’ve been going through the past few weeks in my fitness journey.
- [7:02] Recognize the importance of giving yourself a good chance with your workout routine.
- [8:26] Understand that just because you found a workout routine you like; doesn’t mean you’re going to like it every day.
- [10:49] The importance of keeping your body in motion in the smallest ways.
- “No matter where you show up or what workout you’re doing, you should give yourself a good chance” [8:14]
- “A body in motion stays in motion just like a body in rest stays in rest.” [10:56]
Come join us on Facebook! https://bit.ly/2PZ2zTC
Don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode and please leave a 5 star review if you enjoyed the show!