I know that in a fast-paced world where we almost crave for things to happen instantly, health and fitness can feel sluggish before seeing any real results, right? It feels like it’s taking forever sometimes, but remember good things take time. The best thing you can do for your fitness journey is to let go of quick fixes to fast results, and instead adopt a long-term time investment strategy.
In this episode of Girls Gone Healthy, I talk about investing time in your health and fitness journey like you invest money. Listen in to learn how not to set yourself up for failure by setting unsustainable short-term goals.
- Stop putting yourself on a timeline and recognize that health and fitness is a journey.
- Think of health and fitness as a long-term investment.
- How short-term solutions will lead to burnout and unsustainable results.
- Learn to enjoy the journey without rushing to set another goal to fulfill your or other people’s unrealistic expectations.
- [1:42] Understanding the slow journey that is health and fitness.
- [4:08] How to view investing in your health the same way you view investing with your money- a slow process.
- [10:49] How to evaluate what’s next after achieving your goals to stop setting yourself up for failure.
- “It takes a while for you to actually see any real change.” [2:20]
- “Investing in your health is just like investing in anything else.” [4:09]
- “Let yourself enjoy the process, enjoy the journey without some expectations that someone else has on you or that you feel you need to put on yourself.” [13:37]
Join the community!
Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/2PZ2zTC
Don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode and please leave a 5-star review if you enjoyed the show!