In the era of instant gratification, it’s easier to cling to things that bring you fleeting motivation instead of looking at the big picture.
In this episode of the Live Your Personal Best podcast, I share my thoughts on why people face challenges finding their lasting motivation to achieve their goals. I also reveal some ways that you can find them based on my experience as a Division I Athlete.
In this episode Listen to learn more about my journey in finding lasting motivation and how you can stay motivated in your life
[1:26] Emily shares how she wants her second book to have a different focus and for it to revolve around motivation.
[1:55] Emily thinks back on what motivated her when she was still competing as an athlete.
[2:45] Emily reflects on why she is not as motivated as before.
[5:05] Emily gives some tips on how you can find lasting motivation.
[7:23] Emily expresses her thoughts on why some people have issues relating to lasting motivation.
- Find motivation in your day-to-day life.
- If you struggle to have lasting motivation, change your mindset from thinking you can’t do something to believing in yourself that you can succeed at anything you aim to accomplish.
- Lasting motivation starts from being clueless about everything to having a plan for anything.
- When you plan your next steps, you’ll be motivated to finish your goals.
- You may also get motivation by getting inspired by other people’s transformation.
“Motivation now for me comes from mindset changes.” – Emily [5:19]
“Motivation isn’t gonna change and last unless something within you changes.” – Emily [5:29]
Exclusive podcast episodes on how to meet your new year’s resolutions: https://www.weekonereset.com/goals
Join the Live Your Personal Best Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/personalbesties