Is it time for you to step back from that goal that you’ve been chasing for a while now? Simone Biles opened up a conversation last week when she chose her mental wellbeing over a possible Olympic gold medal. It is important to understand that sometimes, you need to throw in the towel and choose what makes sense to you and not to other people.
In this episode of the Live Your Personal Best podcast, I share about my rowing career and why I called it quits even though I wanted to compete at the Olympics level. Listen in to learn about the 3 things you need to weigh in when it’s time to call it quits or work on following that goal further.
· How to evaluate whether a stressful situation is going to last or you need to stick to that routine.
· Knowing when to quit if that goal no longer feels like a personal choice.
· Knowing when to quit if you can no longer prioritize the things that matter most to you.
· Calling it quits isn’t you being a failure but is instead you choosing something that works better.
· Understanding that a calling it quits decision today doesn’t mean it’s permanent.
· [2:04] Get to hear my rowing career and how it became very stressful for me.
· [9:18] How I called it quits and the 3 things you need to weigh in when it’s time to call it quits or work on it.
· [15:15] The two things that you need to understand if you decide to call it quits.
“If you’re so focused on one thing that’s eating up so much energy, that you can’t even focus on your mental health or getting sleep, that’s a huge red flag that isn’t going to be serving you.”- Emily [12:24]
“Calling it quits on something never equates to you being a failure or a quitter…it’s just that other things might make sense.”- Emily [15:32]
Follow along at: