Do you often find yourself rushing to get to your goals even though there’s no need to? I have found myself self-imposing deadlines and comparing my journey to others, which has done me more harm than good. It is important that you understand that everyone’s timeframe is different and stop stressing because, with consistency, you’ll get there.
In this episode of the Live Your Personal Best podcast, I share my experiences with setting self-imposing deadlines and why you should avoid that trap. Listen in to learn the importance of enjoying the journey towards your goals without rushing to get the outcome.
Read Elite to Everyday Athlete out now: https://amzn.to/3ysSbqW
· How comparing yourself leads to setting unrealistic self-imposed deadlines.
· Stop stressing yourself out by imposing unnecessary deadlines you don’t need.
· Learn to enjoy the journey as you move towards your goal without rushing.
· Avoid burnout and losing yourself by rushing to get there.
· [1:57] My personal struggles with not feeling enough and running against deadlines.
· [5:14] Why you should take your time and figure things out as you go.
· [7:43] Stop rushing and take your time and consistently work on getting there.
· “The beginning of the journey is usually when you have the most energy, and that’s when you feel the most passionate about it…but there’s a big difference between being ambitious and just stressing yourself out from everything.”- Emily [4:49]
· “You’re not supposed to have it all figured out from the first step; you figure it out as you go and the timeframe looks different for everyone.”- Emily [6:56]