Did you want to move onto the next chapter of your life once you retired from competitive sports? Don’t we all…but you have to ask yourself if closing that chapter really is the best thing for your health. Think about it; you no longer have coaches, nutritionists, a training schedule, and all the other benefits that come with being a competing athlete. I would say you have an even bigger responsibility of taking care of yourself now more than ever if you ask me.
In this episode of Girls Gone Healthy, I talk about my book writing project which covers the topic of life after sport. Listen in to learn the importance of maintaining health and fitness in your life after sport.
- How exercise is first introduced to us as a sport.
- The different unhealthy extremes during and after a sport, and why you should learn balancing in real life.
- The importance of keeping the athlete’s lifestyle even after retiring from the sport.
- Why you feel like you’re failing when you can’t take care of yourself every day as you did as an athlete.
- Reapplying the same things you enjoyed in sports to the next chapter of your life.
- [3:41] How some athletes abandon their athlete identity once they leave the sport.
- [5:47] Why you should learn to take care of yourself after your athletic career.
- [9:59] I challenge you not to cut off completely your former sport.
- “Your first task after you’re done with sports is taking care of yourself.” [5:40]
- “How you take care of yourself as an athlete is different from everyday life.” [8:33]
Come join our fitness community: https://bit.ly/2PZ2zTC
Don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode and please leave a 5 star review if you enjoyed the show!