After you’ve built the confidence to go after your goals, it’s now time to make a plan!
In this fourth episode of Week One Reset, I share 3 quick tips on how to make your changes stick throughout the year to keep making progress even after the initial “new”ness wears off.
#1 Reason Why New Year’s Resolutions Fail Episode: https://www.weekonereset.com/goals
[3:08] Emily shares the first step, which is to dream big but focus on smaller tasks, that you should do to make sure that the changes that you’re making are going to stick.
[5:00] Emily examines the importance of tracking your progress in achieving your goals.
[7:33] Emily explains the role of preparation in making your resolutions a reality.
- Start breaking down your goals into smaller tasks.
- If you’re serious about achieving your goals, tracking your progress would differentiate you from those just interested in these goals.
- When you track your progress, it’s easier to take your emotions out on your goals and assess if you’re choosing the right goal.
- Tracking your progress means you’re checking what you’re doing day-to-day and comparing them to your results.
- The more prepared you are, the more you’re going to enjoy fulfilling your goals.
- Ask yourself every day what you should prepare for your goals.
So don’t get lost dreaming so big and having your goal set so high that you forget to actually do that smaller work, that smaller steps that will be pushing you forward. – Emily [4:50]
I think that preparation and being prepared is the number one thing that helps people prevent burnout. – Emily [7:39]
Are you struggling to meet your new year’s resolution every time? Perhaps, you have fallen into some traps that hinder you from meeting your goals.
Listen to an additional 15-minute episode discussing the number one reason why new year’s resolutions fail and a step-by-step plan on how you can avoid that path: https://www.weekonereset.com/goals