Are you ready to stop thinking small and figure out what you can do to be your best? Having healthy goals means changing your habits and possibly lifestyle to make the necessary changes. The only way to get ahead in life is by prioritizing your health through fitness and nutrition.
In this episode of the Live Your Personal Best podcast, I speak with Vanessa Bogenholm, a personal trainer, running coach, sports nutritionist, and tennis professional with a private fitness studio. She’s the author of It’s Your Body: Move It, Love It, Live and the CEO of Exercise in the Streets. Vanessa is also a female marathoner who swears that running has made her flexible at age 55 and capable of venturing into many other different sports.
Listen in to learn how you can commit to your health and fitness and start taking the smallest steps to see change.
- The importance of learning how to take care of yourself and your body as you age.
- How running gives you the power into venture in any sport and be flexible at any age.
- Understand that you can fix your body at any age and get ahead in life.
- Figure out where you want to be in life and how your health and fitness can help you get there.
- Stop thinking too small about your goals and figure out what you can do to be your best.
- The importance of having a health and fitness coach to help you change your habits and reach your goals.
- How to set achievable goals and be committed to making changes to your body as a woman.
- [0:37] Vanessa on her overweight and ambitionless childhood plus how she started running.
- [3:42] How she got motivated to start running alone and as a woman during a different era.
- [6:37] How she uses her love for running and nutrition as a way to take care of herself.
- [10:34] How running has given Vanessa the ability to evolve to other sports even at 55 years of age.
- [12:29] She shares the story of her clients and how they fix their bodies and get ahead in life.
- [16:50] All the habits you need to shift to start experiencing significant change with your fitness goals.
- [18:16] How to commit to the health of your body.
“Everything is so different now to keep people out of injury and get them running happily instead of running being up your body like we did back then.”– Vanessa [6:13]
“To get the right instructor and you put the right effort in, you can do anything.”– Vanessa [11:10]
“We start to accept that we’re not that great and I don’t think we have to…but we can all be the best that we can be and feel proud of the work we do.”– Vanessa [15:31]