What if I told you today that you can eat whatever you want and still get to lose weight? But that’s impossible you say…I understand that after years and years of jumping from one diet to the next, it can be hard to believe that you can eat carbs and lose weight. But you see, it’s all about healing your relationship with food and shifting your mindset. Are you ready?
In this episode of Girls Gone Healthy, I speak with Rachel Freiman, an international coach, and a bestselling author. She teaches women how to lose weight while they’re still eating donuts.
Rachel believes that it is the small baby steps that make the difference when committed to and without expecting perfection. Listen in to learn how to shift your mindset today and start showing up for yourself to make the change you need.
- Understanding why nutrition should be taught as a skill that can be built on.
- Why your failure in healthy habits isn’t your fault but what you have been conditioned to.
- How to heal your relationship with food and trickle it down to your kids.
- Make the mind shift and the baby steps with your health and fitness instead of going all in at once.
- How to shift your mind with your health and fitness without expecting perfection.
- Stop thinking that taking care of yourself is selfish and start showing up for yourself.
- [2:03] Rachel narrates how Mind Strong became the name of her business.
- [6:32] How Rachel transitioned from the teaching world to the fitness world.
- [9:25] She talks about her book ‘Becoming Mind Strong’ which is 70% mindset and 30% fitness.
- [15:05] Understanding macro tracking and how it gives you the freedom to eat whatever you want while staying healthy.
- [19:52] Rachael explains how you can commit to continuing with your healthy habits even when you mess up.
- [24:43] Learn to put in the work, show up for yourself, and start inspiring others.
- “Anytime you tell yourself you cannot do something; you are setting yourself up for failure.”– Rachel [11:09]
- “The idea with macro tracking is one we want to make healthier choices the majority of the time, while still allowing for those fun foods.”– Rachel [18:59]
- “When you’re taking care of yourself first, that is literally the least selfish thing you can do.”– Rachel [26:20]
Links Mentioned in Show:
Connect with Rachel Freiman: https://www.mindstrongfitnesscoaching.com/
Work with me: https://emilycoffman.org/beyondthehype/
Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/2PZ2zTC
About Rachel Freiman:
Rachel Freiman is the CEO of MindStrong Fitness, a lover of lifting heavy things up and down, and a coach passionate about helping others unleash their strongest, most empowered selves through education and mindset training.
With more than fifteen years of classroom instruction and certifications in personal training and sports nutrition, Rachel developed MindStrong Fitness with an inside-out approach, focusing on both the mental and physical sides to building healthy, sustainable habits.
When she’s not in the gym, Rachel enjoys exploring the world, snuggling with her puppy Charlie, eating, and thinking about the next time she’ll be eating.