Have you been seriously thinking of moderating your alcohol intake or quitting altogether? Being sober curious is actually a good thing because it shows that you’re thinking of both your physical and mental health. Because let’s be honest, most of us hide a lot of things by drinking so we can avoid facing them.
In this episode of Girls Gone Healthy, I have my friend Hayley who has just celebrated her first year of being sober. She’s a cycling instructor and shares online her fitness and spirituality journey to help others. Today she shares her personal journey with alcohol and how it contributed to her unhealthy habits.
Listen in to learn how your physical health and mental perspective will change when you quit drinking, changing your life in the long run.
- How to find a sober community that resonates with your reason for quitting alcohol.
- How quitting drinking changes your inner perspective and how you view yourself.
- Surround yourself with the right friendships for support when you decide to go sober.
- Make your reason for being sober a personal one without pressure while taking baby steps.
- The value of joining the sober community online to support you on your journey.
- [2:08] Hayley narrates the events that led to her quitting alcohol.
- [6:34] How being sober has improved Hayley’s life, especially her fitness goals.
- [10:06] Why you shouldn’t worry about relationships when you quit drinking because the right ones will stay.
- [15:03] Why you should consider if moderate drinking is where to start.
- [18:31] Hayley advises that you think of your ‘why’ if you’re sober curious.
- “If you have the right people around you, they’ll support your decision.”– Hayley [11:48]
- “A lot of it is a mental barrier, and a lot of it is in your mind because it’s really not as bad as it seems.”– Hayley [13:46]
- “Over time your why might change, but trust your process.”– Hayley [19:40]
Join the community!
Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/2PZ2zTC
Don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode and please leave a 5-star review if you enjoyed the show!
About Hayley Noelle:
I am a NASM-Certified Personal Trainer, indoor cycling instructor, fitness junkie and mindset mentor. Having worked a corporate desk job in healthcare advertising, I felt as though I wasn’t tapping into my purpose and knew I had more to offer. So I left the New York City rat race behind in favor of aligning with my true passion- exercise, mindset, and the very real connection between the two.
Pursuing a career in fitness has offered me the ability to support others, and in doing so has been a crucial part of my journey towards self-love and acceptance. I am dedicated to helping you level up physically, mentally, and spiritually.